"During the prenatal visits, Nancy always came to our place. She said that the home visits prior to the birth already enable her to detect problems, if there are any, e.g., if a lot of unhealthy food is standing around etc. and by noticing these habits early, she can mitigate them. — Which makes a lot of sense to us! Also, towards the end of the pregnancy, one is always very thankful to not have to go into the car and drive, but to simply welcome the midwife at home.
Nancy always spent lots of time with us discussing all the questions we had, our worries and ideas concerning the birth and preparations towards it. It soon felt more like a friend coming to visit and we were really looking forward to seeing her each week."
The relationship that we create during prenatal care helps keep birth safe and build a sense of trust – I truly believe that women are the experts on their own bodies and that birth is a normal physiological process.
My years teaching yoga and working as a doula have connected me to so many helpful tools that I love to share. I am a deeply spiritual person and that informs all aspects of my practice. Birth is the greatest miracle of all and it continually fills me with a sense of awe and wonder. It’s a profound blessing to do this work.
- Our prenatal care allows lots of time for chatting and getting to know each other, I want to deeply understand you and your family and what you need to achieve the birth of your dreams. We allow time for this relationship to unfold and deepen.
- Visits follow the standard obstetrical schedule of once a month until 28 weeks, twice monthly from 28-36 weeks and weekly thereafter until birth. I’m always happy to answer questions that come up for you between visits.
- Our visits include monitoring blood pressure, hands-on checks for position and monitoring baby’s heart rate..
- Routine lab work IS offered at your regular visits
- I’m able to provide referrals for ultrasounds and genetic screening, we are able to perform some genetic screening through bloodwork during your regular visit.
- I maintain positive relationships with OBs for consultation and referral if needed
- I have a firm belief that nutritional counseling and preventative care help to ensure that your pregnancy stays healthy.
- I love to answer questions and believe that every woman and family is unique. My years of experience supporting women on this journey have given me a wealth of information to share.
- Referrals for doulas, childbirth education, pediatricians, chiropractors and acupuncturists are always part of this care
I like to share lots of information and research (I have a background in science and did research) and believe it’s important to base decision making on solid evidence. I support you in making the decisions that are best for you and your family.